trinary measures

tallison at tacocat.net tallison at tacocat.net
Wed Feb 18 21:04:59 CET 2004

> Also, you might consider
> spooling at least a day or two's worth of spams in a temporary
> location so you can keep an eye on bogofilter's performance, and
> can restore an important false positive in a pinch.

Wouldn't a periodic dump (bogoutil -d ...) be sufficient for a rebuild?

> At my site i have been using tri-state with a spam_cutoff of .65
> and have yet to see what i would consider a false positive.  Just
> in case, though, i keep the most recent 2 weeks' spams in a file,
> and glance over the low-scoring messages once in a while if i feel
> like it.

I'll have to start keeping track of where the numbers fall.

I'm not certain, but I think SuSE short changed me the bogotune
application.  Or it's an even older version than I feared.

That said, please don't reply with, "download the source!" because I plan
on doing that tonight.