What did I do wrong?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Wed Feb 18 20:00:34 CET 2004

Greg McCann wrote:
> To keep the database
> from getting too big I set up a daily cron job to automatically
> delete singletons or any key that had not been updated in the last 14
> days:
>
> /usr/local/bin/bogoutil -c1 -a14 -m /home/bogofilter/wordlist.db

My wordlist is 124Meg.  I've never done any "maintenance" on it.   So I
decided to run the above command, but it is taking too long and I see a lot
of procmail processes getting backed up.  bogoutil must have the wordlist.db
file locked down.

I'll schedule sendmail to stop and bogoutil to run in the middle of the
night.  How long should this command normally approximately take on 1.4GHz
athlon system?

-Eric Wood