Tricky

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Tue Feb 3 06:07:10 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Assuming you're using procmail, maildrop, etc, you could whitelist the
> mailing list with a simple test.  That'd keep list messages out of your
> wordlist.

Since folks *do* forward spam in practice (even I have replied to
well-crafted social-engineered messages and included the original
message to ask the presumed sender if they did, in fact, send the
message), the use of -u is ill-advised.

The problem is later when one does a full retraining on the corpus.

My workaround is to delete spammy messages so that they aren't later
misclassified as ham.

;-)

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD