bogofilter on Mac OSX?

John xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org
Wed Dec 29 11:56:35 CET 2004

(Resent with dpkg-listing removed.)

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 23:43:05 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Is there anything that the Fink project would patch that might give rise
> to the nonstandard --with-libdb-prefix-db option?
I think the --with-libdb-prefix-db was a typo by the author of
README.osx (I don't think it has anything to do with fink), and as
mentioned earlier it doesn't work with neither --with-libdb-prefix-db
nor --with-libdb-prefix. (Perhaps a default install using files
directly from Sleepycat saves a /usr/local/include/db.h? Then
--with-libdb-prefix=/usr/local would work, but it's irrelevant here
though.)

> Otherwise I'll have to take something from README.freebsd and
> adjust.
See the three examples earlier in the thread regard OpenBSD, FreeBSD
and Mac OS X. Also note that fink/OpenBSD package names the library
libdb, whereas FreeBSD ports names it libdb[version].

Since common installations of OpenBSD, FreeBSD and Mac OS X store
headers in prefix/db[version]/, I still think a --with-libdb-headers
option (or something similar) is called for.

> I'd be grateful if someone could provide me with the list of files that
> the Fink db* packages install. (something like rpm -ql package or
> dpkg -L package or pkg_info -L package or tar -tzvf package.tgz or whatever
> they use)
Fink is built on dpkg, I've sent you dpkg -L:s for the db* packages I
have installed.