bogofilter on Mac OSX?

John xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org
Mon Dec 27 21:37:37 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 13:43:11 -0600, Paul R Brown wrote:

> Bogofilter builds out of the box on Mac OS X, IIRC.
Like FreeBSD, OSX has an unrelated db.h in /usr/include and AFAIK no
Berkeley DB. If you install version 4 of Berkeley DB using fink, the
suggestion in doc/programmer/README.freebsd translates to:
env CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include/db4 LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib ./configure \
  --with-libdb-prefix=/sw/lib

It compiles just fine after that though.

> Here's my take on how to get it working and some AppleScript hooks to
> integrate it with Mail.app:
>
> http://blog.fivesight.com/prb/space/
> Use+procmail+and+bogofilter+with+Mail.app
Nice!