postfix access policy

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Tue Dec 14 01:18:30 CET 2004

I've copied part of the postfix access policy readme below for clarity.
How might one try gluing bogofilter and sockets (assuming easier than
inet) together?  I don't believe that any of this would require
bogofilter to run in a daemon mode, but as a stand alone.

---

The Postfix delegated policy client can connect to a TCP socket or to a
UNIX-domain socket. Examples:

inet:127.0.0.1:9998
unix:/some/where/policy
unix:private/policy

The first example specifies that the policy server listens on a TCP
socket at 127.0.0.1 port 9998. The second example specifies an absolute
pathname of a UNIX-domain socket. The third example specifies a pathname
relative to the Postfix queue directory; use this for policy servers
that are spawned by the Postfix master daemon.

To create a policy service that listens on a UNIX-domain socket called
"policy", and that runs under control of the Postfix spawn(8) daemon,
you would use something like this:

  1 /etc/postfix/master.cf:
  2     policy  unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
  3       user=nobody argv=/some/where/policy-server
  4
  5 /etc/postfix/main.cf:
  6     smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  8         reject_unauth_destination
  9         check_policy_service unix:private/policy
10         ...
11     policy_time_limit = 3600