upgrade troubles

James Burns burns at attitudejim.com
Sat Dec 4 06:10:39 CET 2004

Hello List,
I switched from spamassassin to bogofilter 0.92.4 about a week ago.
I have to say, that I am impressed. Any who. I just tried the new
release and got this error.

Berkeley DB library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments
bogofilter: DB_ENV->open, err: Invalid argument

I'm no programmer, db or otherwise. But I did search for the last hour
or so to try to figure out what to do to fix it.
I even installed the newest current BerkeleyDB 4.3.21. That didn't help.
So I went back to the previous bogofilter 0.92.4. All works fine again.
My question is. Do I just need to dig deeper on configuring BerkeleyDB?
Or is this an install problem?

-jim