speeding up bogofiltering

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Dec 1 16:25:03 CET 2004

From: "Trevor Smith" <trevor at haligonian.com>
> Although I've not tried postfix, I can confirm that sendmail is
> exceedingly
> hard to set up (or at least to understand how to set up).

I keep hearing this, but I don't see it.  Sendmail works right out of the
box in most cases.  Updating sendmail.mc is well-documented, as are the
other files such as virtusertable.  It's all pretty intuitive as far as I
can tell.  The hardest thing about sendmail is getting poprelayd set up with
your system logger, which required some tweaking on my part.

Tom