anti-spam patent

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Aug 26 18:36:49 CEST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:27:03 -0400
Clint Adams wrote:

> Some may find this amusing.
>
> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,732,157.WKU.&OS=PN/6,732,157&RS=PN/6,732,157

Hi Clint,

Wasn't this /.ed a couple months back?  Fortunately, the patent involves
a variety of techniques that bogofilter doesn't deal with.  True, BF
uses bayesian analysis, but BF doesn't use paragraph hashing.

Possibly of most interest is the list of prior patents.  I'm sure
there's a lot of interesting reading in those other patents.

As a kid I used to go to the patent office with my father and browse
through the stacks.  I remember finding the patent for the original
electric chair.  'Twas an electrifying read :-)

Regards,