BF works under Fedora Core 2 on an AMD

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Aug 25 22:03:43 CEST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:53:17 -0700
Chris Wilkes wrote:

> Just to let everyone know I setup a new mail server with Red Hat's
> Fedora Core 2 (FC2) on an AMD K6 processor and Bogofilter works fine
> on it.
>
> Getting FC2's db42 libraries on there was a pain due to some NPTL
> issues, thankfully someone out there recompiled those libraries with
> (or without?) posix mutex thread support and I was able to use it.
>
> The only issue was that I couldn't use the prebuilt .i586.rpm due to
> it wanting the db41 library and I had lib42.  Compiling from the
> source RPM went smoothly.  No issues at all.
>
> Thanks for all the great work!
>
> Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the news.  Some folks have had trouble building/linking
bogofilter with new distributions.  Exactly which versions of the
kernel, gcc, glibc, and db42 are you using with FC2?

Note: for others with similar problems, the bogofilter-static rpm
doesn't need any shared libraries.

Regards,