why is this not spam?

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Wed Aug 4 23:47:15 CEST 2004

On August 4, 2004 6:34 pm, David Relson wrote:
> That's the way it's 'sposed to work.  'Tis likely that bogofilter's
> mantra should be "train, train, train".

You know, I think bogofilter is sort of aimed at higher end users and
sysadmins (if it's "aimed" at anyone) but I think this does it an injustice.

While it took me some tinkering to get to the stage where I knew how to get it
running, looking back, the steps weren't that difficult. The information just
wasn't sitting at the surface. I bet that many less technical users of linux
could use bogofilter successfully. It's a lot faster than the (more user
friendly) perl-based statistical spam filter I had set up a while back and
integrating it didn't take long at all. Nor did training...

In other words, I'm raving about bogofilter and thinking it should be used
more widely than I bet it is! :-)