[bogofilter] Windows users HEADS UP: worm infection

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Thu Apr 29 11:22:08 CEST 2004

On 29 Apr 2004 at 13:58, Manvendra Bhangui wrote:

> Serious suggestion to the user whose PC has got infected is
>
> "Upgrade to Linux"

Unix is a more resistant to infection (protection of system files,
etc), but the change could be a bit drastic for some people.

A simpler option might be to switch to another, less vulnerable,
email client.

I use Pegasus mail (free to download) for that reason, and it has
never been an agent for infection - i.e. I have never found an email
virus on any of my virus scans.

It does look a bit dated these days, but there are other free clients
that could be used. I have tried v 0.5 of Mozilla Thunderbird. It
works on Windows and can import mail files and address books from
OutLook.
- unfortunately it does not import files from Pegasus otherwise I
might consider using it as my main email client.

--
Professor Peter Bishop <pgb at csr.city.ac.uk>
CSR, City University, 10 Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB