token pairs [was: Algorithm limitations]

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Tue Apr 13 14:12:21 CEST 2004

David Relson wrote:

> I'm not willing to include word pairs until after the 1.0 release, but
> am willing to let users experiment with the technique.  Attached is a
> patch from a couple of months ago and updated to work with 0.17.5.
> Below is a sample of the output using it:
>
> [relson at osage src]$ echo this is a test of word pairs | bogofilter -C -H
> -vvv

> [relson at osage src]$ echo this is a test of word pairs | bogofilter -C -H
> -vvv -P

>From that  I understand that you need to call -P to make use
of the feature. Could you or someone else please give a
brief explanation which pairs are chosen? Is it only
adjacent tokens (in your example the short words are not
tokens) or can you jump over a word? The example output
suggests that this does not happen.

Can you do instead of -P a config file option?

pi