Linux permissions question

Joerg Over Dexia over at dexia.de
Thu Apr 1 11:58:46 CEST 2004

Am 01:41 01.04.2004 -0800 teilte Chris Fortune mir folgendes mit:
->This is not strictly a bogofilter problem, but I know there are
some experienced *nix admins here, so....  I have bogofilter
running
->from a perl cgi script with the `backtick` operator like so:
->
->$res = `bogofilter -Td/home/uzername/.bogofilter/ < $temp_file
2>&1`;
->
->This works remarkably well when triggered from the Internet (or
even from wget), but doesn't work at all when run from a cron
job,
->like so:
->
->crontab entry:
->*/10 * * * * perl /home/uzername/www/a.directory/launch.cgi
->
->launch.cgi:
->chdir("/home/uzername/www/a.directory");
->`perl do.many.spam.filters.pl >> /home/uzername/logs/log.txt`;
->
->results in log.txt:
->Bogofilter: sh:, 0%

What makes you believe it's a permission issue? And I can't see
any connection between the cgi call and the crontab call, either.
Do they have a script in common? If so, which one?

Anyway, try
`perl do.many.spam.filters.pl >> /home/uzername/logs/log.txt
2>&1`;
, that way you'll at least have some more info about eventual
errors in the log.txt.

hth, JO
| Joerg M. Over   Abt. EDV   |  Dexia Hypothekenbank Berlin AG  |
| email:     over at dexia.de   |  Fon  (030)25598-124   Fax -201  |
| This message is confidential; its contents do not constitute a|
| commitment by Dexia Hypothekenbank Berlin AG. Any unauthorized|
| disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial, is |
| prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the      |
| message, please notify the sender immediately.                |