compile time options

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Tue Sep 30 15:00:22 CEST 2003

Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> >        The  -F	(force)	 ignores  threshold  values when printing
> >        spamicity statistics.

> I don't understand this one, which makes me feel it is not
> needed;-)

You need it for printing stats even if the spamicity number is smaller
than the threshold (see gra_print_stats and rob_print_stats).

[snip]

> >        The -I filename option tells bogofilter to read its  input
> >        from the specified file, rather than from stdin

> I cannot see a situation where we could not read from stdin.
> So this would be superfluous.

> >        The -O filename option tells bogofilter where to write its
> >        output in passthrough mode. Note that this only works when
> >        -p is explicitly given.

> Why not capture this from stdout? So this could also go.

I vote against removing those two. There are certain cases of
interoperability where applications only offer to save to a file and not
to stdout (same goes for reading from stdin).

--
Stefan Bellon