compile time options

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Sep 30 00:34:23 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 17:02, David Relson wrote:
> to query the user base to see if anybody is still using Graham  or
> Robinson-GM, or if people are all using Robinson-Fisher.  With the right
> answer, we'd be able to retire some code, shrink the size of bogofilter,
> and simplify life for the development team.

As with I'd imagine most users, I bow to the far more informed opinion
of the author(s) and use the default option.

I think it's best to remove unnecessary code whenever possible.  My vote
is to simplify the core functionality as much as possible, and if
ancillary functionality is required, make it an external module.

Tom