Mbox format / reclassifying messages

Laurence ljng at hbbs.org
Sat Sep 27 13:58:16 CEST 2003

I run bogofilter with -u so it automatically registers messages in the
wordlist.  I set myself up a way of being able to reclassify messages with
only webmail access - I have three folders ("mv H2S", "mv U2H" and "mv U2S")
that I move incorrectly classified messages to.  A cron job checks for
messages and reclassifies them.

The mbox format (at least on my machine) can have a dummy first message that
stores "important folder data". ;)  I noticed when my reclassify script
first ran it reported a count of two messages when I had only moved one into
the folder.  Looking through my wordlist I can see entries that look like
they come from this dummy first message.

An example message is: