New header token tagging

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Sep 26 01:18:36 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

>> Given the recent amount of Swen junk and other things, I've wondered
>> if a "header-only" filter would fly. I think now that we have separate
>> header and body tokens, it should be possible to just run a second
>> bogofilter instance which sees only the header and adds a different
>> tag, from the same data base.
>
> Seems like procmail (and its equivalents) would make "header only" a
> no-brainer.

The real use would be well before procmail, to avoid downloading junk in
the first place: POP3 (TOP 1234 0) or IMAP4r1 (A001 FETCH 1234
BODY[HEADER]) or even in a fast SMTP plugin (Postfix' smtp proxy
stuff). Makes fixing false positives difficult though.

I haven't looked at Animail yet (on sourceforge), it might support such
things (Python language).