New header token tagging

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Thu Sep 25 20:02:28 CEST 2003

On 20030925 (Thu) at 1205:26 -0400, David Relson wrote:

> Greg uses train-on-error and has seen his false positive rate skyrocket.
>  It's so bad for him that he has requested a way to turn off the new
> tagging.

The fp rate did go through the roof for exactly one type of mail:
valid, short messages from mailing lists on which spam is frequently
posted.  In addition, the fn rate increased sharply; the spam not
recognized tended to be short and not egregiously spammy-looking. The
-H patch was tried yesterday, and worked perfectly.  I've just
installed the degenerator, which I hope will work well -- I think the
tag concept is good but I can't afford to rebuild the training db at
work.  As you mentioned, degeneration renders that unnecessary,
although of course the benefit of head: tagging (I prefer head: to h:)
isn't realized as quickly.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s         | gpg public key: 0x400B1AA86D9E3E64 |
|  http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   (on my website or any keyserver) |