New header token tagging

Greg McCann greg at cambria.com
Thu Sep 25 19:32:48 CEST 2003

On 9/25/2003 at 1:00 PM David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>Your conclusions all sound correct to me.  What messages have you been
>using to keep bogofilter's training up to date?

Known spam received by several spamtrap email addresses is registered with "bogofilter -s".

I register my own incoming email (about 90% ham, 10% spam) with "bogofilter -uepl".

Until upgrading from 0.13.6.2 to 0.15.4, this has worked fine.

On further investigation, it seems that "-u" updates are no longer making any updates to the databases spamlist.db or goodlist.db, though "-s" is still updating spamlist.db and -n is still updating goodlist.db.  Whether or not the text is in the header field seems to be irrelevant.

If I revert to 0.13.6.2, "-u" again updates the appropriate database.

Greg