Is bogofilter threads-safe ?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 00:37:45 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> There used to be an autodaemon module that would let bogofilter run in a
> client/server mode.  It appeared and disappeared within bogofilter's
> first month of existence, i.e. over a year ago.  I don't know the
> reasons why.

I lobbied for its removal because it was way too buggy and meant
debugging similar functionality in two places. Not quite sure if Adrian
was also involved.

> The current version is quick enough that there's been no need for a
> client-server architecture.

Daring... speed is not the only reason to use client-server -- we could
rather easily implement a client now for data base access, but don't
jump the hoop right now, we need a transactional interface extension
first, as Gyepi pointed out several times, and he's right.