Running bogofilter on an MTA machine (no local delivery)

Shawn Barnhart swb at grasslake.net
Wed Sep 24 23:16:07 CEST 2003

Is anyone doing this, and if so what are you doing it with?

I tried modifying http://www.diaspoir.net/linux/sendmail.html to use
bogofilter, but I get an error (sendmail[39829]: h8OKv4s1039829:
SYSERR(root): buildaddr: no user) when trying to deliver mail, and it's a
little beyond my sendmail configuration expertise.

I'd REALLY like to use bogofilter to filter mail in an MTA situation (where
the ultimate delivery point is MS Exchange), but thusfar it seems to be best
(only?) suited for local delivery environments.