Can bogofilter filter Swen

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 23 19:44:46 CEST 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:31:39 +0800
"Stephen Liu" <satimis at icare.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi all folks,
>

> RH9
> Evolution 1.4
> =============
>
> I just join this list.
>
> W32/Swen has been attacking my PC for more than 3 days.  It disguised
> as M$ support mail, junk mails, and transform rapidly, changing Sender
> and Recipient Addresses, Subject, etc.  Although it causes no damage
> to my PC but a lot of deleting work was faced.  It also occupied band
> width. The M$ junk mails were downloaded from ISP server via POP3 on
> Evolution email folder.  Filter on Evolution could not filter them.
>
> I am searching hard for a solution.  Kindly advise can bogofilter do
> the job?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> B.R.
> Stephen Liu

Welcome Stephen,

W32/Swen is, indeed, a nuisance.  My site uses bogofilter in
spam/ham/unsure (tristate) mode and the first few Swen messages were
categorized as "unsure".  I told bogofilter that they were spam and it's
now classifying most Swen messages as spam.  Occasionally some are
scored as "unsure" and once in a while there's a "ham" score.  When that
happens, I use them for further bogofilter training.

So, the short answer to your question is "Yes".