bogofilter -M drops "From "

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 16 01:44:11 CEST 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:25:05 -0500
info-bogofilter at cs.utexas.edu wrote:

> 0.15.3 loses the "From " line when applied to an mbox.
> 0.14.5.4 doesn't do this, so I guess it's a recent bug.
>
>     chai.cs.utexas.edu$ bogofilter -M -p <z | diff z -
>     1d0
>     < From fletcher at cs.utexas.edu Tue Jul 29 20:30:23 2003
>     33a33
>     > version=0.15.3
>     chai.cs.utexas.edu$
>
> Thanks
> Fletcher

Fletcher,

With 0.15.0, there was a significant reorganization of the input code to
better support handling of mbox files and maildir and MH directories.
Since the "From " line is added locally to a message, its fields
duplicate other header fields.  Thus, scoring its tokens is a
duplication.

What you've noticed is an intentional change in behavior.