bogoutil -m STILL not removing "singletons"?

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Tue Sep 9 19:24:02 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:14:25AM -0700, Benji Tittle wrote:

> Armed with a better understanding of bogoutil (thanks, Chris Wilkes), I've
> tried this again... but I'm STILL don't seem to be getting results.
>
> Here's the new sequence of commands & output.  I started with a database
> freshly rebuilt from my corpora.  Single wordlist.db file, 8224768 bytes.
>
> $ bogoutil -d ./wordlist.db | wc -l
>  224841
> $ bogoutil -m ./wordlist.db -c1
> (c_get): Successful return: 0
> $ bogoutil -d ./wordlist.db | wc -l
>  224840

Same thing here (although I think you should have the order as '-c 1
-m').  Nothing seems to happen, and it does return immediately.

What I did to trim off the singletons was pretty easy:
  rm new.db
  # make the new database file with non-singletons
  bogoutil -c 1 -d ./wordlist.db | bogoutil -l > new.db
  # check it
  for i in wordlist.db new.db ; do
    echo $i;
    bogoutil -d $i | wc -l ;