Problem running bogoutil -m to remove "singletons"

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Tue Sep 9 09:18:50 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 12:32:05PM -0700, Benji Tittle wrote:

> I'm trying to purge my database of tokens with counts of 1 or less, and am
> encountering an error of some sort.
>
> I'm using bogoutil-static 0.15.2.  Here's what I'm doing and the output
> I get:
>
> ----
> $ bogoutil-static -d ./wordlist.db -c 1 | wc -l
>  131991
> $ bogoutil-static -m ./wordlist.db -c 1
> (c_get): Successful return: 0
> $ bogoutil-static -d ./wordlist.db -c 1 | wc -l
>  131991
> ----

That looks right to me, in the first -d one you're asking for a count of
all tokens that appear more than once, and that's 131991.

Then you tell the database to trim itself down by throwing those
singletons out.

Then you're asking it for a count of that database you just trimmed down
what its count is, it should be the same as above.

What you're probably wanting to do is the first one w/o the "-c 1" in
there to get a count of all tokens.  Then just take the difference of
the two.

Chris