Classifying bounced messages

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Mon Sep 8 23:45:26 CEST 2003

I was just wondering, is it a good idea to classify bounced messages
that are in your "unsure" category as spam?

With the recent sobig virus, lots of crap is mailed with my address used
as the sender so I'm getting a lot of messages that are from
Mailer-Daemon that include the virus.

Should I be classifying these messages as spam as I would if I received
the virus directly, or by doing so, do I increase the chance that I
might miss a legitimate Mailer-Daemon message?

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD