fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Sep 5 13:02:32 CEST 2003

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:27:17 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > Karl,
> >
> > I've looked at all 5 of the messages.  Each begins with a normal
> > "From " line, followed by normal message headers, followed by a
> > normal body, followed by additional "Status: RO", "Content-Length:",
> > and "Lines:" header lines.  These messages are unusual.  I'm not
> > sure whether they comply with the standards are not.  What's their
> > origin?
>
> Not having looked at the messages, whatever else there may be in the
> body, shouldn't confuse bogofilter, not even when it looks like a
> header that's skidded into the body.

As the fatal error is from the flex code, I'm inclined to say that it's
flex that's confused, not bogofilter.

The truth may, of course, be somewhere inbetween.  The problem likely
has to do with the lack of a boundary between base64 text and plain
text.  Bogofilter is in "decode base64" mode and that likely produces
unexpected characters which cause flex to choke.

Any thoughts/suggestions???