fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Sep 4 13:44:25 CEST 2003

Hello Karl,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems.  Bugs can be reported
using the list on SourceForge or can be sent directly to me.  Using the
mailing list isn't necessary.

I've run all 5 messages through the official build of 0.14.5.4 and it
handles them fine.  My guess is that your RedHat 7.2 system has an old
version of flex and that's the cause of the problem.  The "official"
version  of flex to use with bogofilter is flex-2.5.4.  What version do
you have?

Unfortunately, I know of no way to intercept the way flex exits the
program it's built into.  When one is found, you can be assured it will
be put into bogofilter.

I presume that you're building from source because the standard binary
has glibc requirements that your system doesn't satisfy.  Have you tried
the bogofilter-static...i586.rpm ???

That's it for now.