Filters That Fight Back

Przemyslaw Brojewski przemek at my.tenbit.pl
Wed Sep 3 13:42:05 CEST 2003

Please, quote what you are replying to.

> If that were true that a worm would trigger a flood of bounces from your
> machine, then it ought to be true already, as all mailer-daemons send
> bounces on many different conditions.  Why would one additional
> condition be any more dangerous?
Because of the size of a bounced message. Regular bounces are
the original message plus some additional headers. Someone suggested
bouncing 1MB word document for a 10KB spam messgae. This does make
a difference and is very harmfull, but not necessarily for spammers.

Personally, I dislike idea of "bounces" at all. Decent MTA should
know if message can be delivered or not before accepting it for
delivery. But I digress.

Przemek Brojewski.