New Releases - 0.14.5.4 and 0.15.0

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 2 14:15:40 CEST 2003

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:01:30 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > I've modified bogofilter so that '-I Mail/spam' will do as you've
> > suggested.  The code is available via anonymous cvs.  Alternatively,
> > I can send you a patch.  Let me know if you're interested/able to
> > test the new capability.
>
> While implementing the Maildir reader, I'd wondered about such
> things. It's trivial to check (fstat(0, &st) || S_ISDIR(st.st_mode))
> if stdin is a directory (which works at least on FreeBSD) - it's not
> implemented -, and I've also wondered if we need -I and -B: if we just
> dropped these options and assumed "if non-option arguments on command
> line, read them, if no non-option arguments on command line, read
> stdin" we'd get rid of two options that do essentially the same.

The output of "-I msg" and "-B msg" is slightly different.  "-I" just
generates the X-Bogosity line.  Since "-B" expects one or more
filenames, its output includes the filename on each line, for example.

msg1 X-Bogosity: ...
msg2 X-Bogosity: ...

I think having "-I" be smart and check file vs. directory is fine.