New Releases - 0.14.5.4 and 0.15.0

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Sep 2 00:18:16 CEST 2003

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:01:51 -0400
Jason Rennie <jrennie at ai.mit.edu> wrote:

> relson at osagesoftware.com said:
> > * Implement support for MH directory (such as used by Sylpheed).
>
> This sounds great to me (as I use the EXMH mail client).  I just
> installed 0.15.0, but don't see a way to give bogofilter an MH
> mailbox.  "bogofilter -s -I Mail/spam" doesn't work.  Is there some
> method to train on an entire MH mailbox?  Maybe something that isn't
> listed in the man page?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

Jason

Processing of a MH directory calls for using "bulk mode", as in

bogofilter -s -vt -B Mail/spam
echo Mail/spam | bogofilter -s -vt -b

with '-b' and redirected input, the following may be useful:

find Mail/spam -type d | bogofilter -s -vt -b
find Mail/non-spam -type d | bogofilter -n -vt -b

(The "-vt" provides some info as to what bogofilter is doing.)

Using "-I Mail/spam" seems reasonable.  I'll take a look at the code and
see if it's reasonable to do, or not.

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800