Some editorial comments

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Sep 1 11:17:51 CEST 2003

In /etc/bogofilter.cf.example, the following lines seem to be a typo:

#       if enabled, html comments are delimited by "<!-->" and "-->".
#       if disabled, html comments are delimited by "<!>" and ">".

It seems to me that these should be as follows:

#       if enabled, html comments are delimited by "<!--" and "-->".
#       if disabled, html comments are delimited by "<!" and ">".

And in the man page...

The -WW  option tells bogofilter to operate with a pair of wordlists,
named  spamlist.db  and  goodlist.  Spamlist.db  stores  tokens, counts,
and timestamps for tokens from spam messages. Hamlist.db stores tokens,
counts, and timestamps for tokens from ham messages.

First of all, the ".db" extension is missing on "goodlist".  Secondly,
that "hamlist.db" should be "goodlist.db" if we're being consistent.
Yeah, I know what it's like to be typing up documentation at 5am too,
but I just thought I'd let you know.  Is there a better place to report
such things than this list?

Sincerely,

Tom Anderson
Order amid Chaos, Inc.