quick-n-dirty parameter tuning, was Re: compile time options

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Oct 1 04:40:57 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 13:08, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> So a cronjob sounds pretty reasonable. You just need to
> collect your ham and spam, but that's needed either way.

I'm not so sure cron is the best solution, since that schedules by time
period.  For tuning, you really want to schedule by number of emails
added to the database relative to the database size.  For some, maybe
you'd want to tune five times per day, others five times per month.  I
think it'd be better if bogofilter itself or some registration/training
script handled it with a counter so that it would evaluate every time an
email is added rather than on some set interval.  But then, I'm not an
expert on what precisely the tuning involves or how to optimize it, so I
could be way off.

I'm currently writing a registration script... maybe I could add tuning
to that.

Tom