BerkeleyDB 4.2 seems to work with bogofilter CVS

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 26 17:34:40 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:13:09 +0100
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> David Relson wrote:
>
> > Neat.  I notice that there haven't been any recent database changes
> > in bogofilter.  Do you think BD-4.2.50 will work with non-cvs
> > bogofilter, i.e. 0.15.9 ?
>
> I don't see problems here, but I haven't tried it. We're releasing
> 0.15.10 anyways :-)

Yep.  As you know, over the past year Greg has implemented the
Robinson-Fisher algorithm in a variety of languages, with R being his
preferred language.  Thus our reference implementation is in R.
Bogotune also exists in perl, c, and R.  At the moment Rbogotune and
Cbogotune are giving different results.  Until Greg and I resolve those
differences, we're not sure which implementation is correct.  When the
differences are resolved (and the appropriate code is modified), 0.15.10
will be released.