PATCH

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Nov 25 01:46:21 CET 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Maybe the variable name should be changed for clarity.  How about
> MATH_LIBS??

Are we using <math.h> functions outside GSL?

The more interesting question is: why doesn't LIBS contain -lm?
We have

AC_CHECK_LIB([m], [cos])

early in configure.ac, and this properly sets LIBS=-lm on my system, so
with the patch I end up listing -lm twice.

I'd like to see Torsten's config.log (before the patch).

Mine looks like this (different line numbers are fine):

configure:3096: checking for cos in -lm
configure:3148: result: yes

Makes me wonder if I should revert the patch so we can attack the real
cause. I hadn't seen compile/link failures on any systems, not even
without system library installed. Maybe we need something more esoteric
than cos(d) in AC_CHECK_LIB. (Might the compiler inline cos() - but then
why would it not inline the cheaper log() and exp()?)