PATCH

Torsten Veller ml-en at veller.net
Mon Nov 24 18:31:01 CET 2003

* David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com>:
> Torsten,
>
> Try the patch below.  I think it will help.

As i already told David off list, this patch doesnot help me.

Here is some further testing:
I installed gsl-1.4 and bogofilter compiles fine.

gcc -DBOGOFILTER -march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer  -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs -ggdb -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point -Wreturn-type -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -Wno-system-headers   -o bogofilter  bogofilter.o main.o method.o graham.o robinson.o fisher.o libbogofilter.a  strlcpy.o strlcat.o /usr/lib/libtdb.so -L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

# grep GSL  src/Makefile
GSL_CFLAGS = -I/usr/include
GSL_CONFIG = /usr/bin/gsl-config
GSL_LIBS = -L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
[...]

If gsl is not installed:

grep GSL  src/Makefile
GSL_CFLAGS =
GSL_CONFIG = no
GSL_LIBS = libbf_gsl.a
[...]

So, as David suggested, i added -lm to GSL_LIBS and bogofilter compiles fine.

gcc -DBOGOFILTER -g -O2  -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wnested-externs -ggdb -fno-common -Wchar-subscripts -Wcomment -Wimplicit -Wsequence-point -Wreturn-type -Wfloat-equal -Wpointer-arith -Wno-system-headers   -o bogofilter  bogofilter.o main.o method.o graham.o robinson.o fisher.o libbogofilter.a  strlcpy.o strlcat.o -ltdb libbf_gsl.a -lm

--
.:    Torsten Veller     |     Elegance and truth are inversely related.     :.
.:    PGP 0x9C67CD96     |                                                   :.