configure problem [was: tdb compile error]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Nov 24 14:39:43 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:02:31 +0100
Torsten Veller <ml-en at veller.net> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> i have some problems with bogofilter-0.15.9 and tdb support.
>
> i did
>
> $ ./configure --with-database=tdb
> $ make

Matthias,

It works fine on my Mandrake 9.1 system which has both tdb and gsl
installed.  Below are the "ld" commands for my environment and for his
(with all the compiler flags and .o files deleted):

mine:	gcc -DBOGOFILTER -g -O2 -o bogofilter . . . . . . libbogofilter.a
. . -ltdb -L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm
his:	gcc -DBOGOFILTER -g -O2 -o bogofilter . . . . . libbogofilter.a . .
/usr/lib/libtdb.so libbf_gsl.a

What's significant is that "-lm" is missing from Torsten's ld command.
In my Makefile, I have

	GSL_LIBS = -L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

Likely it's wrong in his Makefile.

If I figure out why GSL_LIBS is wrong, I'll let you know.