ids in received lines

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 14 17:15:00 CET 2003

David Relson wrote:

>> make check fails for me with this. Anyhow, the line
>> <INITIAL>[:blank:]*id\ {ID}
>> look wrong. Why would we want zero or more blanks here? I
>> think we need at least one and for our purpose exactly one
>> should do it.
>
> It would be helpful if you test changes "make check" before posting
> them.

The above was a question about the logic. I only explained
why I thought it was wrong and what I would consider
logical. I never claimed it does work. That's why I did a
series of test which I posted with a suggested solution.

> If the changes cause tests to FAIL, then examine the files
> involved to see what changed and see if it's something that should
> happen or that should not happen.  With that info you can tell if the
> change should be considered further.

I attach a message which shows that the current version is
wrong (as expected above) while this new version works (it
*seems* to work as expected for several thousend messages I
tested): <INITIAL>id\ {ID}

The message has this subject: