ids in received lines

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 14 13:36:47 CET 2003

Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
>> The current code simply returns the token if header_line_markup is
>> enabled.  Since header_line_markup is the default state, the normal
>> action is just to return the token.  Sicne that is the same thing that
>> bogofilter would do without the special rule, I've removed the rule.
>
> make check fails for me with this.

Doing the same change in my version of the lexer does not
change a single score. So I guess the test can be ignored here.

> Anyhow, the line
> <INITIAL>[:blank:]*id\ {ID}
> look wrong. Why would we want zero or more blanks here? I
> think we need at least one and for our purpose exactly one
> should do it.

I'm somehow wrong here. When removing the *, the rule fails,
i.e., the word id as well as the ID itself are added. Maybe
someone can explain this.

Removing [:blank:]* completely also does a change. Actually
to the good!

I have a mail with this subject:
Subject: Legal aid will be provided.    1uugx33bmw3n
Until now subj:aid and subj:will were missing. Now it is
back in. So we must be careful here. I'd go for changing to:
<INITIAL>id\ {ID}

pi