Much simplified lexer

Piotr KUCHARSKI chopin at sgh.waw.pl
Fri Nov 14 01:45:37 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:30:32AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> All mails that I receive have three locally-generated Received: headers,
> one from my upstream POP3 server, one from fetchmail, one from my local
> Postfix. Discarding these three lines will not discard information that
> had been present at the originator's (spammer's) site.

These headers score equally for spam and for ham, so they're indifferent
to the spamicity level.

Figuring out, though, how many of the Received: should be discarded
is more tricky and would have to be a) configured by a sysadmin
b) kept up to date. Not mentioning I have a setup with some aliases
that generates 3, 4 or 5 Received: headers. What then?

p.

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his
heart he dreams himself your master.   -- Commissioner Pravin Lal