Bogofilter does not verbose output anymore

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Thu Nov 13 01:29:48 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 07:20:15PM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:51:55 -0800
> Chris Wilkes <cwilkes-bf at ladro.com> wrote:
> >
> > I would make a slight change to your script:
> >
> > for i in $SPAMDIR/*; do
> >   $BOGOFILTER -s -I $i;
> >   $BOGOFILTER -v -I $i && mv $i $SPAMARCH;
> > done
> >
> > That way you only move the emails that are classified as spams,
> > leaving behind the ones that still don't register as such.  Granted
> > you're doing two checks per email now.
>
> As originally written the script registers a spam message and then
> moves it to the archive. With your modification, multiple runs of the
> script will keep registering a message until it scores as spam. I'm
> not at all sure that's what Johannes wants.

Yep, I thought that's what he wanted with a directory name like
"SPAMDIR" -- I took it to mean that these emails should be labeled as
spam and aren't.

> I know I don't keep registering a message until it scores "correctly".
> Also, multiple registering is contrary to the bayesian principle.

Really?  So you should only register an email one time, and if it
doesn't get "over the hump" of being misclassified you shouldn't care?
Its been my experience that registering a misclassified email over and
over until it scores correctly has helped out my classifications.

Chris