lexer change

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue Nov 11 15:20:08 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 09:04, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:
> My test yesterday actually showed it does not help to allow
> those tokens.

Yes, but your tests are always going to be limited to current or recent
emails.  What about future emails?  The main benefit of the Bayesian
method is that it's not hindered by aging of rules like SpamAssassin
is.  We shouldn't be deciding based on a few more incorrect
classifications here or there to institute a new rule.  It should be a
drastic difference, as in >10%, to even consider it.  Who decided on the
"[^[:blank:][:cntrl:][:digit:][:punct:]]" rule, and why?  I might agree
with a rule if there were a fundamental underlying philosophical reason,
but just tweaking the output is not a good enough reason.

Tom