filter evasion

Stefan Mashkevich mash at mashke.org
Fri Nov 7 18:57:17 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, David Relson wrote:

> > Now what do we do about the font=white words?
>
> John,
>
> I don't have a good answer for that, at present.  Since bogofilter is
> scoring the innards of <font> tags, it has _some_ info on the ruse.

An all but blind shot -- but, given that we seem to be likely to encounter
more witty experiments with tags in the future, could it make sense to
treat them (and possibly attributes) specially? Say, <font color=white>
would yield something like

tag:font
tag:font:white

The latter should expose the criminal intent clearly enough, without
resorting to rendering the message with a graphical engine and OCR'ing it
back :-)

                                                       Stefan