Much faster bogominitrain.pl

Boris 'pi' Piwinger 3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at
Wed Nov 5 17:15:46 CET 2003

Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

> I just have a test version of bogominitrain.pl which is much
> faster by not saving every single mail to disc before
> working on it. Actually for one run through all my mails it
> took 18m49s before the change and 14m27s after it (where a
> long time is fixed by two huge -M calls).
> http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~3.14/bogominitrain.pl.1.4a
>
> The only visible difference is that (in verbose mode) no
> longer the bogosity is given. I'll try to have a version
> 1.4b which will recover that information again.

OK, finally I have that other version. It has again full
display. It is slower, though (testrun):

1.4a:
real    17m22.905s
user    10m26.320s
sys     4m49.520s

1.4b:
real    19m19.240s
user    11m13.790s
sys     6m0.170s

I'd appreciate any comment. I don't plan to have this new
version in the bogofilter release, it will need further work.

The question now is which way to follow. I tend to go for speed.

http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~3.14/bogominitrain.pl.1.4b

pi