any opinions of bogofilter-milter.pl

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Nov 5 14:42:16 CET 2003

Actually, I feel some security from a language that does dynamic memory
allocation and garbage collection.  Lack of it in C causes the buffer
overrun to be the most widespread bug and security hole in existance.
Since ultimately the Perl interpreter is written in highly-optimized C,
then any Perl program is a more efficient version of a sufficiently
complex C program.  Perl::C::Assembler.  Why not just demand that all
your programs be written in assembler?  Who do you trust more, the
well-tested compiler or the binary math of the random programmer?  Who
do you trust more, the well-tested interpreter or the memory management
of the random programmer?

What I see in your "opinion" is an unsubstantiated philosophy.
Considering perl is a vital part of a *nix system, wanting to eliminate
it in any way sounds as absurd as wanting to eliminate C or assembler.
What's the source of your hatred?

Tom