defining empty lines.

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu May 29 15:05:34 CEST 2003

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
> As I recall, the '\b' was the message _after_ procmail,etc had processed
> it.  Additional monitoring found that some message had a separator line
> with a single blank character, 0x20, on it.  I found several of them in
> my incoming mail (from early April).  All were from the same source.

I wonder if we should "fix" nonconforming mail in passthrough mode,
i. e. insert the header and the empty line at the first non-header line;
and consider the first all-whitespace/control to be the "empty"
line. Might be that this is just another try to subvert filters. What
does Outlook do with such lines (' ' rather than '\b')?