junk test

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed May 28 21:03:57 CEST 2003

At 02:48 PM 5/28/03, John McCain wrote:
>So is the natural behavior of Bogofilter going to be to tend to increase
>spamminess score based on the number of junk tokens?

John,

A new, never before seen token, gets score 0.415 (from the robx
parameter).  Tokens within 0.100 (min_dev) of 0.500 (EVEN_ODDS) are not
included in the score.  So "webwehg" probably doesn't affect the score of
_this_ message, but "asdf" might have an effect.

If I send you a second copy of this message, "webwebg" will be recognized
as hammish (I presume).

Junk tokens will increase database size.  Whenever they're reused, they'll
be recognized.