bogoutil (performance ?)

T'aZ tazdev at altern.org
Wed May 28 18:34:57 CEST 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 11:17:10 -0400
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> At 10:40 AM 5/28/03, T'aZ wrote:
>
> >#db_verify goodlist.db
[snip]
> >db_verify: DB->verify: goodlist.db: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database
> >verification failed
>
> You've got a broken database.  We'll probably never know why.  The
> locking problems were fixed AFAIK in 0.10.  How large a quantity of
> email do you deal with?  Which version of BerkeleyDB are you running?

around 200-300/day , 2/3 coming from the linux kernel one ;)

i'm using Berkeley DB 4.0.14

> Anyhow, you can try to recover data using db_dump or, if you have
> saved ham and spam, you can start over and train bogofilter with what
> you have saved.

i checked the spam db , and this one is good , and with the mail rate i
have , rebuilding a ham list will not be too difficult :)

> You're the first person to report database corruption in a long
> time.  Hopefully it's a fluke and doesn't happen again.

could this be because i've removed some mails with -N several times
? (my bad, was a mistake in a bash script)

anyway , thanks for your support :)

--
T'aZ |Jabber:taz-007 at jabber.org|GPG keyID:E051925D|http://taz.prout.be
*They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary