database corruption

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Wed May 28 17:10:20 CEST 2003

Prompted by these recent messages I tried db_verify, and my
spamlist.db also fails to verify:

	db_verify: Page 1522: incorrect next_pgno 893 found in leaf chain (should be 391)
	db_verify: Page 391: incorrect prev_pgno 893 found in leaf chain (should be 1522)

I too use "bogofilter -u" from procmail scripts without any explicit
locking.  Is that wrong?

Even with this error in the database, bogofilter (0.12.2, after a
series of upgrades from earlier releases carrying same database
forward) is doing a fine job of discriminating my incoming mail.  Any
thoughts on what level of noise from db_verify would justify
rebuilding the database?

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370